Monday 28 January 2019

Victory!

It's been a steady week this last week. Thanks to a wonderful array of germs, I've been feeling a little under the weather, which was definitely slowed me down, both metaphorically and physically! I still really struggle with listening to my body when it comes to things like this, as I hate feeling that I am skiving or not putting in the work that I should be. But, as I keep saying, I am playing the long game. Missing a few shorter runs now is preferable to missing longer, more important training later on! 
Keeping this in mind, I took 3 rest days in a row, which in actual fact only meant missing one scheduled run, but felt like an awful lot of staying home and not being active. I was also sure to eat lots of oranges and get some extra vitamin C in my system! 

After these three days off, The Fiance and I travelled to Glasgow on Friday evening to visit 'The Nana', which as you can imagine on a Friday evening, involved a lot more sitting still in a car! Knowing that we had a full weekend of travelling and family visits, I had to be strict and insist that I didn't miss my Saturday morning ParkRun! This meant... you guessed it! Some ParkRun tourism! The Fiance and I went and explored the Pollok ParkRun, which I can confirm is much hillier than those around Harrogate! This being said, I have come away from the experience both victorious and completely elated. Despite the seemingly never ending hills (which you get to experience twice, by the way, seeing as it is a two lap course!), I put in a respectable time of 25.16, came 8th female overall AND (and this is my favourite AND)  I BEAT THE FIANCE!!! The first time ever, in the history of us being together that I have been faster than him! And I have it in black and white, ParkRun results! And here they are!!

Be warned... I am unashamedly reserving all gloating rights over this for the foreseeable future and might even print and frame it for his birthday!  

Anyway, it's a new week and even though the runny nose/cold seems to be lingering, I'm hoping to get back to following the training plan to the letter, which means upping the millage to distances I have never actually run before. A half marathon has always been my biggest distance so this is where the real challenge begins; carrying on even after the legs feel like they want to give up! 

That's all from me for now though.. I should probably go run somewhere! 

Please don't forget to show me your support by leaving a donation on my Just Giving page, big or small, they make all the different to the people HFT support and the notification absolutely keep me out training whatever the weather!  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fiona-kitchingman  

No comments:

Post a Comment