Sunday 2 December 2018

Struck Down!

Feeling unimpressed, cold and wet post run!
Following on from last week's post, I have continued the winter training, come rain or shine (usually rain). 

Overall, the training has been going really well! I have been hitting my targets and seem to be set to get a massive PB at the half marathon in January. However, this week I seem to have hit a sight bump in the road: the inevitable winter cold. It's hit me and it's hit me hard. I've been doing pretty well this year in terms of illnesses, remaining on the whole rather healthy, so feeling so unwell has come as a bit of a shock to the system! 

Normally I am the kind of person who doesn't like to let a little bit of illness stop her, but by Friday lunchtime I was unwell to the point of being sent home from work, which I hated! Whilst it felt a little bit like defeat, I can definitely concede that it was the right thing to do, even if it did mean missing the Christmas party! 

The extra rest however did come in handy for running a stall at the Christmas Fair at school, raising some extra money for The Home Farm Trust. Stu even came along to help! He had a great time looking at all of the stalls and meeting lots of my friends and the children I work with and even won a prize on the tombola! 

Now that the weekend obligations are over, I am finding that I am once again totally exhausted and could do with another weekend to recover! And that's without doing the 9 mile run I was supposed to do! 

Today I've made the difficult decision to press pause on the training plan for a couple of days in the hope I start to feel a little more human before continuing to embark on my running mission!  

So fingers crossed I feel back to my healthy self soon and can get back to pounding the pavements of Harrogate, raising money for The Trust! 

In the meantime, please head over to my Just Giving page and leave a donation and message of support to get me through these winter months and horrible colds! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fiona-kitchingman 

No comments:

Post a Comment