Thursday 1 November 2018

Half Term Halloween!

What a week! 

As teachers, we hear a lot of jokes about 'all the holidays' we get, and how we only work 9-3.30, but this week has allowed for some much needed rest and relaxation (as well as some preparation and planning for the half term that is still to come of course!) 

So far it's been a full week of lunch dates, catch ups, shopping, pumpkin carving, spa days and of course a little bit of running - After all there needs to be some hard work along with the relaxing and I had to take full advantage of being able to run in the day time, when it's nice and light. 

The diminishing day light is something that has been concerning me for a while now, as we all know it becomes harder to stay motivated during the winter months, with the dropping temperatures and the dark nights. But I have been proactive! I have signed up to join a running club so I will always have people to run with! I went to my first 'Club Night' on Tuesday evening and enjoyed my first run around the streets of Knaresborough with my new friends. 

As a club, they also do endurance sessions, which are optional but I am weirdly excited about them. They're meant to be really good for helping you improve your running, so predictably, I can't wait to have a go! I'm also excited to have another community of people to get advice and support from as I up the mileage, as I am more than aware that I need all the help I can get! 

In other news, the ankle has settled down now and I have been reassured that it is a problem of fatigue and not to worry about it too much so I am psyching myself up for a longer run tomorrow and a Parkrun on Saturday. 

Bring it on! 


Don't forget to visit my Just Giving Page and read about the Home Farm Trust in my previous post. The work that they do is so vital to individuals with learning disabilities and they can't do it without our support. 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fiona-kitchingman 

No comments:

Post a Comment