Sunday 11 November 2018

Miss to be Mrs?!

Well, it's been another interesting week! I really don't know where to start!

I suppose as this is technically a running blog, I should start there.. although I'm not sure that is where I want to begin!

It's been a great week in terms of running and training. I have done a few early morning runs, before going into work, which has actually worked really well; both in terms of timing and the amazing smug feeling I get for the rest of the day! However the one thing that is currently 'grinding my gears' on the running front is that this morning's 6 mile run won't upload onto my Garmin Connect app! Which means, as those who know me will attest, there was no point in doing it at all! I am a big believer in that if it's not recorded and if it doesn't go towards your weekly millage then was it really worth the time and effort? Probably not! I know it's recorded on my watch, but if it's not there for the world to see? Well. Let's just say I'm not happy about it!

But that quite nicely leads me onto the thing that I AM happy about! Very happy in fact! So happy, that I might even fall into the 'over moon' category! No... It's not a new PB, it's even better than that! (Or I think so!) This weekend, I got engaged! G, who will hence forth be known as 'The Fiance!', asked me to marry him! 

I can honestly say that it was totally unexpected and I am still in a state of shock! It honestly keeps taking me by surprise and I find myself grinning every time I think about hearing him saying those words "Will you marry me?" 

For those of you who are wondering "How did he do it?" "Where?" "When?" Well let me tell you! 

The first thing to say is that, I pretty much ruined his plans at every turn. But how was I supposed to know?! 

I woke up on Saturday morning and headed off to Parkrun, as is my weekend routine. I didn't wake G up, instead just slipping out of the house quietly. Something that I didn't think would be a problem! 

I came home after a pleasing Parkrun and we chatted, and I informed him that I was going out to meet some friends for lunch! He always tells me that I should see the girls more, so off I went! I think I did tell him I would only be a couple of hours... 

4.5 hours later I rolled in home, having been chastised by my friends for not remembering all the dates we had set for 2019. Seeing as my diary runs out at the end of 2018, how am I supposed to keep track?! 
Therefore when I got home, whilst the kettle was boiling, I started to write down all the important dates that I need to remember for 2019. Obviously, at the top of that list was The London Marathon! Having completed this task I headed to put my phone on charge, when G called me back to the kitchen, saying "You missed a date." 

Confused, I returned to the kitchen to find G standing with a ring box on my diary and he said those words... "Will you marry me?" 

My response... "Are you joking?" 

Probably not the romantic response that he was expecting! But what can I say?! I was completely caught off guard and had no idea that he was planning this! 

After establishing that this was not a joke, I obviously said yes through my tears! 

So even with me unwittingly sabotaging my own marriage proposal, we got there in the end and can now commence planning our happy day! For now though, I am still waiting for it to all sink in! 

Happy weekend everybody! 


No comments:

Post a Comment