Sunday 7 October 2018

New Stuff!

Well, this week has been a very exciting week (for me, if not for my bank balance), as I have bought a few new running essentials! 

On Monday, I decided it was time for a new pair of running shoes. I have had my previous pair for a year now, and they have put in a fair few miles and were beginning to show the strain somewhat! I took them with me to Up&Running and the guys in the store were able to perform an interesting postmortem  on them. Turns out that I have an interesting and unique running style (or that's what I'm translating it as). My shoes weren't worn equally, as I heel strike on one foot but not on the other and I run in a way that has caused my shoes to become twisted! Weird! 

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get my new shoes on Monday - They didn't have my size in my trusty Brooks Ghosts. I did however get the Flipbelt I have been talking about for ages now and it's great! It fits my gigantic phone and my keys so no more achy shoulder! 

So after my initial disappointment, Saturday became the best day of a runner's year: New shoe day! And not a moment too soon either, as my Saturday morning 5K resulted with a nail right through the sole of my old pair. Luckily there was a clip attached to the nail which prevented it from actually reaching my foot. 










So here they are... The new shoes! Still looking clean even after their first 6 mile outing!  
And here is the other pair.. still in their box! Because yes. I bought two! 


Whilst this might seem a little extravagant, it is a well thought through investment, which means I can alternate shoes each run, giving them time to recover and preventing me from running in wet shoes! I just need to get my Sharpie out and label them 'Pair 1' and 'Pair 2'! 

Their first outing was definitely a positive one too! 6 miles with a pace of 8.46 minute miles! I'm still working up to that all important 10 miles by Christmas, but the weekly millage is steadily increasing. This week I have clocked up a grand total of 27.3 miles! Now I just need to all of that in one go and I'll be laughing! 😂

For now though, topping the table of the family competition will suffice! 

#FitFam
Please remember the reason I am going to all these lengths; to support the fantastic Home Farm Trust. 

Take a look at my Just Giving page and read my family's story and why the charity means so much to us. 

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Fiona-Kitchingman 

No comments:

Post a Comment