Sunday 30 September 2018

Getting faster!

Another weekend and another Parkrun! Whilst this week marked Mother Dearest's 100th run AND a new PB, for me it was a huge surprise to see myself running my fastest Parkrun in 2 years!

Mother Dearest after her 100th ParkRun!
It's been a long road back to running over the last couple of years. After the 2016 Great North Run left me nearly unable to walk, I set out on a mission to get to the bottom of the pain in my leg that had troubled me for 7 years: A worthwhile, but lengthy exercise... Over a year and what must be nearly 100 chiropractor appointments later, I am finally getting back to where I was! And I suppose it's a good job, seeing as I've got 26.2 miles to run in April!

Even though distance is the goal, rather than speed, I can't help but be quietly overjoyed that the pace is coming back. It is frustrating seeing an old PB staring you down every time you check the results. But not for much longer... 24.33- I'm coming for you!!


I am partially putting my regained pace down to new socks! Having suffered with blisters after running more than 4-5 miles, the thought of my upcoming challenge was concerning me. However, since the arrival of some new 'runderwear' socks, my feet are finally beginning to recover! Here are my shiny new socks, which I have just ordered more pairs of (in pink this time... Obviously!)

These splendid new socks have seen me through an extremely hilly 7 mile run today! Despite a number of killer hills, I have to say I actually really enjoyed the outing - A steady pace and a few photo opportunities made for a pleasant afternoon run with Mother Dearest!

In Kettlesing where we used to live!

All in all, it's been a positive week where running is concerned! A grand total of 23 miles this week and feeling good! I am excited to see what the coming week brings, more miles and more pace!

Please remember to visit my Just Giving page to sponsor me in my marathon challenge!
www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Fiona-Kitchingman



No comments:

Post a Comment