Tuesday 11 September 2018

Comment With a Song! (Or Write Me a Note!)

As a teacher, there are many joys in my day. Teaching a wide age range of children, working with some amazing people and of course... Giving assemblies! 

Today was assembly day. And after some careful consideration, a topic was decided. Whatever did I choose? I hear you ask. The London Marathon of course! 

Research for my assembly provided me with a wealth of interesting facts a figures: how many people completed the first London Marathon, how many bags of rubbish are collected when it's all over, how many people apply to take part and dare I say it, how many stretchers are on hand should they be needed! (It's 300 by the way!) 

I am pleased to report that the children I was speaking to were receptive (and dare I say, suitably impressed) about the challenge I am undertaking. I was also excited to tell them about this blog! Miss K Runs The Marathon is more than just a way of documenting my journey from 0 - marathon and holding myself accountable, it is a way of sharing my writing with the children I teach - some of whom I hope are reading this post and ready to undertake the task I set them! 

I have asked all the children to think of a motivational song that they would like to add to my marathon playlist and I am already loving the suggestions I have received whilst patrolling the playground earlier today. One particularly ambitious child even wanted to write me an original composition! 

So here it is. The post I told you was coming. The 'comment with a song' post! I can't wait to  see your suggestions and get downloading the tracks. If you can't comment, feel free to let me know your suggestion when you see me around! 

P.S. Don't forget to check out my Just Giving page and read about my chosen charity. 

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Fiona-Kitchingman 

11 comments:

  1. George Ezra - Shotgun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Me - The Greatest Showman.
    Good luck Miss K! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 seconds of summer -youngbloods
    From Harry Bray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this song! I've added to the playlist!

      Delete
  4. Mei Mei suggests STORM by Su Rie ( the UK Eurovision song) Remember..Storms don't last forever, forever, remember...

    Through this storm oh oh, through this storm, oh oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Thanks Mei Mei! Storms (and marathons) don't last forever! Positivity!!

      Delete
  5. Mei Mei suggests STORM by Su Rie ( the UK Eurovision song) Remember..Storms don't last forever, forever, remember...

    Through this storm oh oh, through this storm, oh oh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Song choice for you from Gracie and Cordelia!

    Run by Tiggs Da Author.....when we sing along we change 'papa' to 'miss k' !!��

    Good luck �� we will sponsor you ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has made me smile lots! A great song that will definitely keep me going!!

      Delete
  7. Song choice from Gracie and Cordelia!

    Run by Tiggs Da Author - when we sing along we replace 'papa' with 'miss k'! πŸ‘…

    Good luck, we will be sponsoring you! Xxx πŸ‘£πŸ’©πŸƒπŸΎπŸΎπŸ“

    ReplyDelete