Sunday 3 March 2019

A Restful Half Term

This week's experimentation with Rock Tape has been somewhat limited as I made the difficult decision to take five days rest to try and help the knee/ IT band situation. 

It wasn't a decision that I took lightly, particularly as I am determined that I don't just want to complete the marathon, I want to do it well and to do that, I have to put in the required training! But that's the conundrum really isn't it? What do you do when it's the training that is causing the problem?! 

I have listened to all the advice received and decided that five days off wasn't going to hurt my progress, but would hopefully help whatever is going on in my leg, which it seems to have done.. for now at least.. 

On Saturday morning, I ventured out for the first run of the week (parkrun number 98!) and it was really good! I successfully taped my knee myself and The Fiance even came along too, seeing as there was an Up&Running SRG outing! My knee didn't bother me at all and I put in a great time, which has led to a classic combination of elation and frustration, as I was ONE second slower than my current PB, which means I was only TWO SECONDS away from a new PB and getting under 24 minutes! Even though I didn't quite make it to this next goal, I have to acknowledge the fact that running that pace felt an awful lot easier this time than it did when I set the PB a few months ago. Whether that is purely because I am fitter now than I was then, or because I was well rested after my week off remains to be seen when I try and chase it down next week! 

As I type this week's blog, I am enjoying a post 12 mile cup of tea, whilst The Fiance complains about his achy legs after yesterday's parkrun. I'm pleased to say he has acknowledged the fact that he expects no sympathy from me! 

P.S. This time I beat him by 42 places!! 🏆🏆

My fundraising percentage is currently hovering on 48% of my target and I would love to get over the 50% milestone. I am so grateful to all of you who have donated so far and thank you to those of you who are going to follow the link below and keep me running! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fiona-kitchingman 

No comments:

Post a Comment